From: Michael Thomas
Sent: Tuesday, August 31, 2004 6:43 AM
To: oracle-l_at_freelists.org
Subject: RE: US7ASCII / French Character

Hi,

Its very interesting with some data. For example,=20
the micro (u looking character), if stored in
USASCII7, gets converted to a number 6 in UTF-8
(without conversion and across db_links). Therefore,=20
1 micro gram (USASCII7) becomes 16 grams (UTF-8).=20
Much more fun than ?nre?d?ble st?ff.

Oracle's character set conversion utilities are a=20
must.

Regards,

Mike Thomas

"Goulet, Dick" wrote:
Actuall? it's just a matte? of makin? thin?s alwa?s
look ?eadable.
=20

put 'unsubscribe' in the subject line.

grouporacle-l @