Jared:

Thanks for the step-by-step help. I feel like it oughta be
easier than this.

Anyway...
Did you start from the beginning on DBI with
"perl Makefile.pl" ?
Absolutely. That's what it said in the README!
'perl -V' will show you which compiler was used to create Perl.
Among the output was...
Compiler:
cc=3D'cc', ccflags =3D' -D_POSIX_C_SOURCE=3D199506L -D_REENTRANT -Ae =
-D_HPUX_SOURCE -Wl,+vnocompatwarnings -DNO_HASH_SEED -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE =
-D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=3D64 ',
ensure that gcc found in your patch before the stock cc.
I tried putting /usr/local/bin at the head of my PATH. No joy.
How do I do this? The copy of Perl I am using came from HP's
web site. Should I be using one from another source?

Thanks,
Mike

put 'unsubscribe' in the subject line.