The discussion that inspired the post is a brand, spanking new data
warehouse server (production), but the point of contention also relates
to naming conventions for the mount points. The scripts I use rely heavily
on variables and are portable without edits if a few conventions are
followed.

Oh well - I won the day for LMT's and uniform extent sizing on this one,
so overall it's better than most in our domain.

(I'm still not modifying the scripts ...)

Robyn

---

I respect OFA if you're talking about physical devices. But if you're
just
moving files around on logical devices so that it looks OFA compliant you
may be defeating your purpose.

put 'unsubscribe' in the subject line.