Mike,

Oracle 10g:
alter tablespace X rename to Y;

Before Oracle 10g:

- create tablespace Y
- move objects from tablespace X to tablespace Y
- drop tablespace X

Regards,
Lyubomir Petrov

Vergara, Michael (TEM) wrote:
Hi All...heckuva thing to be working on a long holiday
weekend...but what the heck. Got a question for=20
everybody. How can I rename a tablespace? Is it
even possible? There's nothing in the Oracle Docs
about it, and I haven't yet checked Ask Tom, but I
thought I'd seek the collective wisdom of the group.

I need to change a tablespace's name and keep the contents
intact, and under the same ownership. Any ideas?

Help!

...and Thanks!

Mike

put 'unsubscribe' in the subject line.