Jared:

From browsing SoX a while ago, I believe any change that does not
destroy, provide access to, inhibit access to, or modify access to data is
part of the pre-approved list, but can't be sure.

Things that I know can't be there are:

Creating, modifying and removing users
Creating, modifying and removing roles
Creating, modifying and removing privileges on objects
Creating, modifying or removing objects in the database (even

database links count here)

Things that can be included

Any operation that does not alter the integrity of the data or
the security of the data

Any operation that is deemed maintenance such as exports,
backups, reporting ==> Tuning is questionable because access to the database
may be temporarily turned off

Hope this helps.

Thank You

Stephen P. Karniotis
Compuware Corporation
Direct: (313) 227-4350
Toll Free: (800) 462-7740 ext. 74350
Mobile: (248) 408-2918
Email: Stephen.Karniotis_at_Compuware.com
Web: www.compuware.com