Chris:

Make a backup
Make another backup onto different media
Make an exact map of your file locations. You can always
fool Oracle with links if you hit a crunch.
Backup your control files to trace; you might need them
if you have to recover. Plus, you can use the scripts
to change locations if (when?) then mount points don't
match. Save these scripts to your PC or another server
so you have them stashed.

Everything else looks good. You definitely want to relink
the binaries. Are there any application binaries that are
on the system?

Oooh! Oooh! One more thing...are you changing bitness of
the O/S? If you're going from 32-bit to 64-bit you may have
to be careful in the relink. If *should* work...but...

And you're right. In theory, it's easy. If you've planned
for as many issues as you can think of, then odds are you
won't have any! If you're unprepared...well...the Gods
love it when we get cocky!

Good Luck!

Mike