You can set the language you want to export in. We are using export scripts and insert the following as the first line:

SET NLS_LANG=American_america.US7ASCII

You won't get the warnings if you export in a compatible language.

-----Original Message-----
From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org On Behalf Of Jeffrey Beckstrom
Sent: Tuesday, June 01, 2004 10:30 AM
To: oracle-l_at_freelists.org; ORACLE-L_at_IC.SUNYSB.EDU; oracledba_at_lazydba.com; oracle-rdbms_at_yahoogroups.com
Subject: export warning message on statistics

Using Oracle 9.2.0.5.

Doing interactive export, i.e. letting myself get prompted for parameters. I get a message about exporting questionable statistics. I presume this is due to the following message:
Export done in WE8MSWIN1252 character set and AL16UTF16 NCHAR character set
server uses WE8ISO8859P1 character set (possible charset conversion)

How can I get rid of the "export terminated with warning" message?

If on the command line I add statistions=none, then I don't get prompted for the export parameters at all so that doesn't help.

Jeffrey Beckstrom
Database Administrator
Greater Cleveland Regional Transit Authority
1240 W. 6th Street
Cleveland, Ohio 44113

put 'unsubscribe' in the subject line.