From: ryan.gaffuri_at_cox.net
Sent: Tuesday, March 16, 2004 6:27 PM
To: oracle-l_at_freelists.org; oracle-l_at_freelists.org
Subject: Re: SQL*Net message waits

this is how Im planning on handling tracing with connection pooling. You
will need a little help from your middle tier team.

create a new user, I call mine 'trace'. Grant trace all the privileges
as the username that your middle uses. Have your middle tier team set up
user log in that logs into the database as this user.

Create a logon trigger that enables tracing and captures the full path
to the trace file in a table(the query is on ixora.com.au). In some
connection pooling methods you will get alot of files since they connect
and disconnect. So in that case have a Ksh script read the table, tkprof
the output, and concatenate it together.

Connection pooling is a challenge. I hate the idea of having to guess what
the users are doing. Can't help you with the rest of it.