Tim Gorman
Sent: 18 November 2003 13:34
To: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L

Barry,

Why make life difficult? It's just a role, not a data
object referenced by applications (hopefully). Change it's
name to something that is not a "reserved word" and move on.
There is a list of "reserved words" in the SQL Language
reference.

Hope this helps...

-Tim

Hello all,

I'm attempting to import into 9.2.0.1.0 from 7.3.4 and I'm
getting loads of the same error:

IMP-00017: following statement failed with ORACLE error
9275:
"GRANT SELECT ON "DOWNLOAD_SEQ" TO "INTERNAL""
IMP-00003: ORACLE error 9275 encountered
ORA-09275: CONNECT INTERNAL is not a valid DBA connection

I'm aware that connect internal does not exist in 9i, but
'internal' is a role.

So as a test I dropped the role, recreated it and then
manually tried to grant it something - The same error
occurred:
SQL> select * from dba_roles where role like 'INTER%';

ROLE PASSWORD
------------------------------ --------
INTERNAL NO
SQL>
SQL> drop role internal;

Role dropped.

SQL> create role internal;

Role created.

SQL> GRANT SELECT ON DOWNLOAD_SEQ TO INTERNAL;
GRANT SELECT ON DOWNLOAD_SEQ TO INTERNAL
*
ERROR at line 1:
ORA-09275: CONNECT INTERNAL is not a valid DBA connection

SQL>
This doesn't make any sense to me. Can anybody help to
shed any light on this??

TIA for any response, they're much appreciated.

Cheers,
Barry.

--
Please see the official ORACLE-L FAQ:
http://www.orafaq.net --
Author: Barry Deevey
INET: barry.deevey_at_enmo.co.uk

Fat City Network Services -- 858-538-5051
http://www.fatcity.com San Diego, California --
Mailing list and web hosting services
send the HELP command for other information (like
subscribing).
Author: Tim Gorman
INET: tim_at_sagelogix.com

Author: Joe Testa