MessageWhen you mean by "stops" - do u mean you are not able to connect any more from sql*net ? or even the current sessions hang ?

Are you running this in archivelog mode ? Is it possible that the database is in archivelog more and the archiver is not running ?

Babu

Original Message -----
From: Smith, Ron L.
To: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L
Sent: Tuesday, October 14, 2003 3:14 PM
Subject: Database just stops

I have an Oracle 8.1.7.0 database running on an MS2000 server. A few times a day the database just stops running for no reason.
There are no messages in the alert or trace logs. Nothing in the Event logs. It just stops.

When I restart the database it goes through crash recovery but comes up fine.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks!
Ron Smith
Author: Oracle-L