----- Original Message -----
To: "Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L"
Sent: Wednesday, March 26, 2003 2:34 PM
Ron,

It seems to be the correct answer I believe. If the package is lost I should
ask the developer to get it from the version control system and I should
compile it. This seems to be the right approach rather than importing the
dump file and get a big list of errors.

After seeing the responses from the list members, I got a clear idea how to
handle the
"Large Export Problem". I will break up the export into 4 types(full export
with norows, static, non-static and the rest), schedule them to fit our
schedule, and use the version control system approach for the
packages/stored procs. Importing the dumpfile to restore the package as last
resort.

Thanks for all those who replied.

-- Janardhana