-----Original Message-----
Sent: 11 December 2002 21:09
To: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L

I have the following statement that I would like to create a function-based
index for:

SELECT MIN(tran_dt)
FROM ach_tran
WHERE cnfr_no = :b1

I'd like the index to include columns cnfr_no and tran_dt (in that order).
The examples I've seen are
just single-column indexes. Is it possible to have this additional
column in a function-based index that
is not involved in the actual function? If yes, what would the index
creation statement look like?

This is version 9.2.0.1 on Sun Solaris 2.6.

Author: Jamadagni, Rajendra
INET: Rajendra.Jamadagni_at_espn.com