Thanks a lot guys! I really appreciate your input.
FYI...we are already in the process of webifying the
system, I wanted a solution until we complete that
project.

Muru

DENNIS WILLIAMS wrote:
Muru - I agree with Richard. This is the time to
investigate a Web interface
for this application. Otherwise you're just starting
down the path of a long
headache that will only get worse with time. As to
your direct question, the
only interface that I am aware of that bypasses the
SQL*Net interface is
JDBC thin client. And in my limited experience, I've
seen zero problems when
JDBC thin client is used (have heard others on this
list have experienced
some), but a lot of problems with the Microsoft ADO
interface. Now you just
have to figure out how to interface VC++ and Java.
But, I would expect that
Microsoft has some code that will cause the PC to
self-destruct if you
attempt it.

Dennis Williams
DBA, 40%OCP