All,

Environment:
HP-UX 11i
We had Oracle 8i (8.1.7) running successfully on our one host. This host
also has Oracle 9i AS already too.

Then we installed Oracle 9i R2 (9.2.0.1) on the same host (to run RMAN
backup and recovery on another host).
Since then our one application (FAMIS from PRISM) is having problems taking
connections through the web (9i AS).

One person here did some research and says perhaps when 9i DB was installed
(to support doing RMAN backups for a 9i DB system on another box), it
overlaid the prior version of Apache. Sounds good to me. We don't
have that much experience in the 9iAS, so we can't really say where the
problem is. The database is up and open and I can hit it from command line
sqlplus.

Any ideas what went wrong and how to fix it? Should we have done a reboot
of the host after the Oracle 9i install? We did not.

message:

ERROR

While trying to retrieve the URL:
http://cmms.harper.cc.il.us/pls/ftrn/loc.login
The following error was encountered:
· Connection Failed
The system returned:
(61) Connection refused
The remote host or network may be down. Please try the request again.

Generated Mon, 11 Nov 2002 19:15:16 GMT by fw3.harper.cc.il.us
(Squid/2.2.STABLE5)

Thanks.

Don Malzahn, IT/AS, Harper Community College Voice:(847) 925-6829
E-mail: dmalzahn@harper.cc.il.us Web page: http://www.harpercollege.edu
"The only limit to our realization of tomorrow will be our doubts of
today". - FDR

Author: Don Malzahn
INET: dmalzahn_at_harper.cc.il.us