Environment: HP_UX 11
This is a Development environment only.

Can one safely run Oracle DB Standard Edition and Enterprise Edition on
the same machine?

I know this sounds odd. We have two packages, Application (A) which still
runs Oracle 8i for the db, and for that we purchased 10 named users and x
processors.

Application (B) uses Oracle 9i AS Enterprise Edition with 10 named users.
From purely a technical standpoint, can you run both on the same box and
not have it break or cause really bad performance.

As we move forward into production, we'll need to buy more and
different licensing, because Application (B) is web-based. And it would
be
split over different host computers in production, not both on the same,
calm down. 8*)

Thanks.

Don Malzahn, IT/AS, Harper Community College   Voice:(847) 925-6829
E-mail: dmalzahn@harper.cc.il.us    Web page: http://www.harper.cc.il.us
"The only limit to our realization of tomorrow will be our doubts of
today". - FDR

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

[IMAGE][IMAGE]

width
Replies to this message will be sent to ALL members of the group. If your
response is personal, please send it directly to the person who posted.

ChicagoOracleUG-unsubscribe_at_yahoogroups.com

Author: Don Malzahn
INET: dmalzahn_at_harper.cc.il.us