----- Original Message -----
To: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L
Sent: Thursday, October 03, 2002 8:18 PM

All Im trying to run the following statement

EXECUTE DBMS_SYSTEM.SET_SQL_TRACE_IN_SESSION (9, 89, TRUE)

And get the following error

ERROR at line 1:
ORA-06550: line 1, column 7:
PLS-00201: identifier 'DBMS_SYSTEM.SET_SQL_TRACE_IN_SESSION' must be
declared
ORA-06550: line 1, column 7:
PL/SQL: Statement ignored

Looking under SYS schema I have package and package body for DBMS_SYSTEM
and the body includes
SET_SQL_TRACE_IN_SESSION

I had to turn on tracing on the database level...
What could be the matter with this??

Many Thanks in advance
bob

Author: Bob Metelsky