I ended up giving it one of the log files but they all said stale so it took me a couple of tries.

Thanks!

Kathy

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Thursday, September 12, 2002 11:38 AM
To: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L

Database 8.1.7

Cloning a database that was brought down using shutdown abort.

I know I have done this before and I can't remember what I had to do to resolve this.

STARTUP NOMOUNT

CREATE CONTROLFILE SET DATABASE "TEST" RESETLOGS NOARCHIVELOG

RECOVER DATABASE using backup controlfile until cancel

SVRMGR> recover database using backup controlfile until cancel;

ORA-00279: change 776233169 generated at 09/12/2002 09:58:18 needed for thread 1
ORA-00289: suggestion : /u07/oracle/testdb/8.1.7/dbs/arch1_1.dbf
ORA-00280: change 776233169 for thread 1 is in sequence #1

Specify log: {=suggested | filename | AUTO | CANCEL}

CANCEL

ORA-01547: warning: RECOVER succeeded but OPEN RESETLOGS would get error below
ORA-01194: file 1 needs more recovery to be consistent

ORA-01110: data file 1: '/testu01/oracle/testdata/system01.dbf'

Thanks

Kathy

Confidential
This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are the property
of Belkin Components and/or its affiliates, are confidential,
and are intended solely for the use of the individual or
entity to whom this e-mail is addressed. If you are not one
of the named recipients or otherwise have reason to believe
that you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the
sender and delete this message immediately from your computer.
Any other use, retention, dissemination, forwarding, printing
or copying of this e-mail is strictly prohibited.

Author: Kathy Duret
INET: KathyD_at_belkin.com