Original Message -----
To: "Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L"
Sent: Wednesday, August 21, 2002 11:38 PM
how can we know that this table is created with "" column name
When the column name is a reserved word, or appears with lower
case characters.

Jared

"Harvinder Singh"
Sent by: root_at_fatcity.com
08/21/2002 09:28 AM
Please respond to ORACLE-L

To: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L
cc:
Subject: double quotes column name

Hi,

One of our clients has created a table with column name "access"
since access is reserved word, they use double quotes.....
but when i query the table user_tab_columns it is still showing column
name as access and not "access"........
how can we know that this table is created with "" column name......

Thanks
--Harvinder

SQL> select table_name,column_name from user_tab_columns
2 where table_name='FF1'
3 /

TABLE_NAME COLUMN_NAME
FF1 access