Actually, there are a number of InterOperability patches for
9iAS 1.0.2.2 with the 9iDB.
I'm only running 9iAS 1.0.2.2 against 8.1.7 yet.

BTW, if you check the Certification Matrix on Metalink, do not
select the product "Application Server (9iAS)" This contains
incomplete certification for 9iAS 9.0.2 on Solaris.
Select "Internet Products" and then "Oracle9i Application Server Enterprise
Edition"

Quoting the certification :
"Oracle9iAS Rel1 (V1.0.2.2.x) is certified to run against a Oracle9i
Database 9.0.1 (on all supported platforms) in RAC

configuration.
9iAS 1.0.2.2 can run against any certified 9.0.1 (9i) backend
database, with exceptions and limitations:
Oracle9iAS Database Cache and Oracle Enterprise Manager
functionality are NOT supported in this
configuration.
In order to run in this configuration, Oracle9iAS Forms
Services users should apply Oracle Forms Patch 5.
Oracle9iAS Portal - Apply patches for bugs1794996 and
1806057. Apply workaround
(07_DICTIONARY_ACCESSIBILITY =true) for bug 1554423
Users connecting from Oracle9iAS v1022 to Oracle9i database
through jdbc thin drivers - Apply patch for bug
1725012 "

9iAS Wireless, J2EE (OC4J), iFS, Unified Messaging and eMail Server are,
surpringly, listed seperately in the certification.

Hemant K Chitale
Principal DBA
Chartered Semiconductor Manufacturing Ltd

"Charlie Mengler" 22/03/2002 06:23 AM
Sent by: root_at_fatcity.com

Please respond to ORACLE-L