are all your tables/indexes analyzed? if the statistics are not current then
the plans chosen by the CBO can be very bad.

babu
----- Original Message -----
To: "Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L"
Sent: Friday, January 04, 2002 12:40 AM
Dear All,
I have been entrusted to tune a web based application. This product is at
development stage. I generated the trace file and found out the indexes on
the table. So I specified hints in all the queries and tested the
application. There was a remarkable increase in performance. Can any one
tell me why we have to specify the hints in the queries, when the tables are
having index already.
Platform: WinNT Oracle 8.1.6. Application is developed in JSP and Web
server is iPlanet Enterprise Edition.
TIA
Regards
Venkat

--
Click here for your very own create-a-date adventure from MatchMaker
Go to http://ecard.matchmaker.com/dating.html
Author: C.S.Venkata Subramanian
INET: csvenkata_at_lycos.com

Author: Babu Nagarajan