See this document on Meta Link Doc ID: Note:69961.1

Don Bricker
Database Administrator / System Administrator
Illinois Environmental Protection Agency
1021 North Grand Avenue East
Mail Code #32
Springfield, IL 62794-9276
Donald.Bricker_at_epa.state.il.us
(217) 558-2290
vasu.ramasamy_at_sri.com 01/03/02 05:46PM >>>
Dear Gurus,

I have a Sun machine with Solaris 2.8. As per Oracle 8.1.7
installation documentation, the compatible solaris versions are either
2.6 or 2.7. It did mention 2.8.

Will there be any problem, if I install Oracle8.1.7 in this
machine having Solaris 2.8?

Thanks for help.

Vasu

Author: Vasu Ramasamy