-----Original Message-----
Sent: Thursday, November 29, 2001 7:00 PM
To: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L

Well I have just returned from the Sun site, and checked out the two
systems. The 420r is a rackmount server in the Enterprise Server series.
It uses Sparciii processors, up to 4 at 450mhz. I don't' think I would
consider this configuration an upgrade. I also doubt you'd classify this
one as a screamer.

The 880 is one of the Sunfire series of servers sporting a pair of 2 900mhz
64 bit UltraSparciii processors. This one sounds much more exciting to me.

As I type this, I am informed that the powers that be are also looking at
some HP UX boxes. Well either way we go I don't think it will be too
traumatic for me. I am hoping for that Sun 880 now.