I am tryingt log in the orcle directory manager but it says that the
server is down... I try with system manager, localhost, and the server is
runing, it says server is not up and running 389/localhost... so whaqt
shoudl I do to get the server up and running, e becasue it is up and
runnig, I mean I can conect via dbastudio, other thing when I open the
dbastudio, it gives me 2 different choisses, login to the oracle
managment server and launch dbastudio standl alone, welll I have to
select standalone because when I tryto login tho the OMS it asks for the
anagment server wich is localhost, but it says unable to connect, asks
for verifing the host name, it is localhost... the host is localhost, am
I wrong? how do I correct this, how can I login to the OM I am strarting
with thiso of oracle, I have aoracle 81, winn2000 server, on a laptop
pc, some things work but some other do not ask o for thigs that I do not
know, so please give me a hand, other question I read in a book that
there is an oracle apication server, with many web interfaces for
administrative tasks, how do I get there? I am talking about the Oracle
appliactin server, I have isntalled oracle 8i ver 17, and I have never
been able to get any kind of web interfaces, another thing I am getting
this error msg, for http://localhost/demo/sql/bean/ConnBeanDemo.jsp

`m using connection and a query bean and i'm quering EMP names and Salary
from EMP table in schema SCOTT..

There was an error doing the query:

java.sql.SQLException: Io exception: Connection
refused(DESCRIPTION=(TMP=)(VSNNUM=135294976)(ERR=12505)(ERROR_STACK=(ERROR=(CODE=12505)(EMFI=4))))

why is tis erro comming up? it is an example that comes with oracle
installatin, and it sithe sme error msg for all the jsp examples of
database conctin... conection.. so is my oracle not well installed? if it
is not ok, I will reinstalled but what do I have to do in order to get it
right? I would like to use the desgner, but it has been ipsible to use
it, everytime I try to use it it says that it cannot conect to the
database....I am trying to run the examples, the oralce jssp demo
section, the localhost/demo, but I am getting mistakes in most of
them..... so I assume I have sm mistakes, but how can I do the things
rihgt, I just installed oracle and I am runnig the demo and what do I
have to do are not the demos suppouse to work with no configuration of
any kind just after the installation....here is another mistake:

Employee List in XML
(View Page Source in your browser to see XML output)
SQL error:

java.sql.SQLException: Io exception: Connection
refused(DESCRIPTION=(TMP=)(VSNNUM=135294976)(ERR=12505)(ERROR_STACK=(ERROR=(CODE=12505)(EMFI=4))))

and I have not changed anythng, it has just comed uot after the
installation.... so what shoudl I do, hey one ting that o comes out of no
well better not tosay anything else but pelase please what do I have to
do in ordr to have this oracle working ifne, what Iam I doing wrong? the
only examples that are running are the basic examples-.... lotto and
hello user but nothing that has to do with db....so please I really would
like to get oracle runing, but really it is diving me crazy so me any
mistakes after what was suuposue to be a sccesful installation... cheers

Author: agc
INET: acad_at_accefyn.org.co