-----Original Message-----From: udaycb
Sent: Wednesday, June 13, 2001 5:52
PMTo: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-LSubject: RE:
Oracle 9i Install
did install 9i successfully Y'day on Sun. Here are the steps to Follow
as (copied from OTN),

Directions

http://otn.oracle.com/images/bullets_and_symbols/blk_line_bullet_35.gif"
width=35 NOSEND="1">
1. After downloading the software, gunzip
it.

http://otn.oracle.com/images/bullets_and_symbols/blk_line_bullet_35.gif"
width=35 NOSEND="1">
2. Create directories Disk1, Disk2 and
Disk3

http://otn.oracle.com/images/bullets_and_symbols/blk_line_bullet_35.gif"
width=35 NOSEND="1">
3. cd Disk1

http://otn.oracle.com/images/bullets_and_symbols/blk_line_bullet_35.gif"
width=35 NOSEND="1">
4. cat .cpio |
cpio -icdThis will extract all the files for disk1.

http://otn.oracle.com/images/bullets_and_symbols/blk_line_bullet_35.gif"
width=35 NOSEND="1">
5. Repeat steps 3 & 4 for disk2 and
disk3

http://otn.oracle.com/images/bullets_and_symbols/blk_line_bullet_35.gif"
width=35 NOSEND="1">
6. To run the installer, cd to Disk1 and
run runInstaller

Note: I did not try to gunzip as said in step 1. Did steps 2 to
6...
Regards
Uday

-----Original Message-----From: root_at_fatcity.com
On Behalf Of Yuval ArnonSent:
Wednesday, June 13, 2001 5:06 PMTo: Multiple recipients of list
ORACLE-LSubject: Oracle 9i Install
Has anyone successfully installed Oracle 9i on Sun Sparc (available
from technet).
Trying to gzip -d the files I get 'file is not in gz
format'

Yuval Arnon.

grouporacle-l @
categoriesoracle