From: Haskins, Ed [SMTP:Ed.Haskins_at_VerizonWireless.com]
Sent: Thursday, May 17, 2001 04:10
To: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L
Subject: Script to remove redundant rows in a table?

A few months ago I remember seeing a script that enabled the removal of
redundant rows in a table. Can someone please forward or point me to such
script.

I have an Oracle Names server that stores the database connect descriptors
in a table within the Region Database. I've loaded these connect
descriptors
from many SQLNET.ora files throughout the enterprise. My problem is that
there exists duplicates from the multiple SQLNET.ora files. I really want
clean this up so that only one entry per connect descriptor exists. I
think
that a generic script for any table will work in this situation.

Thanks,
Ed Haskins
Oracle DBA
Verizon Wireless