-----Original Message-----
Sent: Friday, February 16, 2001 3:01 PM
To: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L

So, I'll finally get the opportunity to upgrade our ERP database from 8.0.5
to 8i. I have two questions:

In my Ora Perf Tuning class, I remember coming to the conclusion that it
is very beneficial to export/import when upgrading to 8i, as opposed to
migrate-in-place, but I can't remember why. And it wasn't just the benefit
of a completely reorg'd DB. It seems to me that it had something to do with
differences between 8.0 and 8i in the data blocks or something.

Can anyone think of a reason to go with 8.1.7 over 8.1.6 or vice-versa,
for HP/UX 11.0? My initial reaction is to start w/8.1.6, but I may not get
another chance to do an upgrade for another year. Also, all clients (NT
PCs) will probably remain at 8.0.5.

TIA, and I'll summarize the answers! :)

Rich Jesse System/Database Administrator
Rich.Jesse_at_qtiworld.com Quad/Tech International, Sussex, WI USA

Disclaimer: Name one nation that has taxed itself into prosperity. (Sorry,
couldn't resist...;)

This message has been scanned for viruses with Trend Micro's Interscan
VirusWall.
Author: Jesse, Rich
INET: Rich.Jesse_at_qtiworld.com

Author: Mandar Ghosalkar