From: Kamalakannan, D (CAP, GCF) [mailto:D.Kamalakannan_at_gecapital.com]
Sent: Tuesday, November 28, 2000 3:06 PM
To: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L
Subject: RE: user password expire

Lisa,
I tried the same in my test database both by creating a new profile like
default and changing the PASSWORD_LIFE_TIME and by using it in the default
profile - both of which did not result in any error as you have mentioned. I
am using Oracle 8.1.6 on NT.
I am not sure why you get the error!
Incase if you do have a Oracle Security Manager it is quite easy to change
in the way you wanted.
Regards,
kamal