Hi all. I'm doing a drupal 5.1 Oracle db experimental port. I have a
first core installation more or less working.

Next target will be cck and views.

One problem was the need to remove the db_num_rows calls (unavailable in
Oracle). I've seen here and there an inappropriate use of this function
("select *" and db_num_rows in place of "select count(*)"), and I think
my patches can be useful also for performance under other databases.

I'll be glad to submit my patches. In case, tell me the best way to do
so, I'm new to the drupal project.

Best regards,
Gabriele Turchi

P.S.: I'm sorry, my english il alpha version...