is the one we probably should be talking about --- performance, and so on.

Cheers,

Eugene

On 05/03/2013 11:15 AM, Kitson Kelly wrote:

On 3 May 2013 17:10, Kitson Kelly <me at kitsonkelly.com
wrote:

I have looked at the proposal. I looked it at a high level and
started to try to figure out where to start. One of the things I
looked at in depth was heya-ctr. I highly doubt that the concepts
introduced in there will provide consistent performance across
multiple environments. It seems to try to do a better job of second
guessing the JIT compiler. eval (or new Function) wholly bypass the
JIT compiler and do not allow optimisation in most environments.
Without proper benchmarking (and I respect you represent it is
faster) I would have a hard time supporting it as a foundation for
the toolkit. That is just one example from one aspect of heya.

Correction for the pedantic eval and new Function bypass the JIT
optimizer (obviously can't bypass the compiler). It can also have a
significant affect on memory management and garbage collection.