potential there.

Cheers,

Eugene

On 04/26/2013 01:59 AM, Bill Keese wrote:
On Fri, Apr 26, 2013 at 1:58 PM, Rawld Gill <rgill at altoviso.com
wrote:

Iiuc, one concern is the cost of asserts and logging if you don't
want them.

I didn't think anyone was concerned about that. Like you said, you can
strip asserts and logging during the build, especially with a full
javascript parser at your disposal.

I thought Bryan's concern was the size of the logging infrastructure,
assuming that you do want do do some logging [even in production. I
assumed the default logging module would be tiny, and just delegate to
console.log(),
see https://github.com/heya/ice/blob/master/sinks/console.js. But you
also need https://github.com/heya/ice/blob/master/main.js, which
admittedly is large if you just want to write to the console.