somewhat, but I have to wonder if it's worth breaking the back-compat
policy now, in the middle of a 2.0 transition.

-Adam

On Wed, Jan 2, 2013 at 1:00 PM, Rawld Gill wrote:

From: Tom Trenka

Perhaps the plan going forward for 1.x should go something like this:

1. Identify modules that have been replaced, and with the 1.9 release mark
them as deprecated. I'm thinking connect, data, xhr + io, and maybe
Deferred (don't remember if Promise uses that or not, I'll go check; haven't
used a release past 1.7 yet).

2. Remove said modules in 1.10 but provide a separate zip containing those
modules (a la Chris' suggestion) as a download. As far as I know, most of the
mentioned modules are self-standing, so I don't see that as being an issue.
I personally don't see a problem with marking things as deprecated in one
version and removing them in the next; that's been our standard practice as
it is since Ye Ancient Times(tm) and while most of the time, the modules
deprecated haven't been so central...still seems like the same solution will
work. Note that this does not alter the 1.9 scope at all.
I agree 100%.

--Rawld