From: dojo-contributors-bounces@dojotoolkit.org
On Behalf Of Mignon
Belongie
Sent: Monday, May 01, 2006 7:01 PM
To: dojo dev.
Subject: [dojo-contributors] stripping dojo.require statements from thebuild
output

[Sorry for posting twice, but I inadvertently made my first post part of
another thread.]

Hi, I'm Mignon -- I work with Brian Skinner on the OpenRecord project.

I've been trying to use the build system to make an OpenRecord build.
I was able to make it work, but only by removing all the dojo.require
statements from the final compressed file. I think they're causing a
problem only because we have (a lot of) circular dependencies, but since all
dojo.requireAfterIf and dojo.requireAfter statements are already deleted by
build.xml, I'm wondering if there's any reason not to delete the
dojo.require statements at the same time (that is, just after all the needed
files are concatenated).

I was hesitant to ask this, for fear that there's some blatantly obvious
reason why the dojo.require's should stay in, but since it works for me
without them, and other people might someday have the same problem, I
decided to go ahead.

Thanks,
Mignon