1. CF doesn't provide HA database support out the box, yet.
2. A droplet should have write permissions to its local files; although
these are not persisted across droplet restarts. Could you post some more
detailed error messages please.
3. UAA = User Authorization and Authentication -
http://blog.cloudfoundry.org/2012/07/23/uaa-intro/. I'm under the
impression that going forward all auth will be done via UAA.