https://github.com/mrdavidlaing/cf-docs-contrib/wiki/Build-Packs

On 27 February 2013 07:35, James Bayer wrote:

We're working on an architecture document for buildpacks that we can
share. In the meantime, you can review the dea_ng code and the
cloudfoundry-buildpack-java [1] which uses the Heroku bash hooks for
bin/detect, bin/compile, bin/release as a series of calls that get called
on a buildpack. The ruby/node buildpacks we are testing with are just the
same buildpacks that are posted on the Heroku GitHub account [2] [3].

[1] https://github.com/cloudfoundry/cloudfoundry-buildpack-java
[2] https://github.com/heroku/heroku-buildpack-ruby
[3] https://github.com/heroku/heroku-buildpack-nodejs