Hi Igor,

"properties" is a Ruby OpenStruct object, it's a part of instance spec
which is available to all BOSH job templates. "send" is a Ruby method that
allows you to invoke methods on the object (foo.send(:bar) is the same as
foo.bar).

You can see the binding in which these templates are being evaluated here:

https://github.com/cloudfoundry/bosh/blob/master/director/lib/director/configuration_hasher.rb#L6