Hi Kalonji,

you can use for testing the latest openstack stemcell builds.
They are working perfectly and you can test if your OS env is working
correctly.

cd /var/vcap/stemcells/ && wget
http://bosh-jenkins-artifacts.s3.amazonaws.com/micro-bosh-stemcell/openstack/latest-micro-bosh-stemcell-openstack.tgz
&& wget
http://bosh-jenkins-artifacts.s3.amazonaws.com/bosh-stemcell/openstack/latest-bosh-stemcell-openstack.tgz

Cheers
Heiko
On 19.07.2013 07:24, Kalonji Bankole wrote:
Hello,

At this point I am able to generate a basic stemcell of version
1.5.0.pre.3 using the steps above. I am able to successfully upload
the stemcell as well, but when attempting to deploy bosh, a time-out
occurs during the "Compiling packages" stage. Slightly older stemcells
obtained from the public repository (version 1.5.0.pre2) allow for a
successful deployment.

I've also noticed that 1.5.0.pre.3 stemcells are not yet available in
the public openstack stemcell repository, so I was wondering if there
is is a possibility that version 1.5.0.pre.3 stemcells are not fully
supported yet? If so, what do I need to alter to create a 1.5.0.pre2
stemcell using the rake build? And where can I find a valid
1.5.0.pre.3 stemcell to attempt a deployment with?

My issue appears to be identical to the thread Dhruv's thread here
<https://groups.google.com/a/cloudfoundry.org/d/msg/bosh-dev/jXd7l-qI__Y/0vBHnI3UDgwJ>,
but I did not see any resolution to the issue, other than looking
through the debug log. Do you have any suggestions of where I might
continue from here?

Thanks
Kalonji Bankole

--