I quite like the way bosh-bootstrap/bosh-cloudfoundry hand holds you
through the whole process.

Perhaps the rewrite could keep that "overall guidance" mindset, whilst
delegating out to different tools?

On 17 April 2013 12:14, wrote:

When thinking about the ecosystem I see two different use cases:

1. A way to install the tools you need to bootstrap your bosh/cf on
your local machine. Could be using
https://github.com/mitchellh/vagrant-installers.
2. A vagrant box or some other image which includes the stuff you need
to develop your own bosh release. Could for instance include
https://github.com/nttlabs/nise_bosh.

Other usecases there are for an inception vm are more work around for
things bosh does not can do itself.
Like for uploading releases. (would be more practical if bosh downloaded
it directly) somewhat related to
https://github.com/StarkAndWayne/cf-release-only
Also the uploading of and downloading of stemcells would be better handled
by other components.
For example for openstack these stemcells could be directly downloaded to
the image-service (glance) by using glance image-create --copy-from