I don't have a coherent opinion yet, but I've spent some time thinking
about this.

- I like the idea of using chef-solo for configuring stemcells
- I like that our current stemcells haven't been booted, but that's
not a deal breaker
- You can run chef-solo in a chroot jail, but you'll need to disable
its attempts to restart services, among other things.
- Razor seems like something we'd investigate when looking at bare
metal deployments
- I'm familiar with the process of making AMIs, is there a guide to
producing an ubuntu iso from raw packages?
- There are lots of director changes necessary for bare metal
deployments, but they'd also probably help with using spot instances
on ec2, as instances become something that comes into and out of
existence on their own.

On Sat, Feb 23, 2013 at 8:23 AM, Dr Nic Williams