Hi all,I was trying to make my own stemcell for cloudstack but i have a few
questions about CPI registry. I checked @drnic tutorial about how to create
custom stemcell :
https://github.com/drnic/bosh-getting-started/blob/master/create-a-bosh/creating-a-micro-bosh-from-stemcell-openstack.md

I checked earlier discussion about registry. The registry stores metadata
information about VM's,and openstack registry works like:
1) BOSH calls OpenStackCPI.create_vm
2) OpenStackCPI creates a new VM
3) OpenStackCPI adds an entry to the OpenStack Registry with the instance
ID and any required bootstrap configuration
4) VM (a) boots, uses DHCP, and queries the user meta data API for the
registry end point
5) Using the registry end point it queries the registry to fetch additional
bootstrap configuration (passwords, NTP, etc)

here are my questions :
1) What information is stored in registry indeed?
2) What changes should i do to make it all right for cloudstack?(I saw some
db connection method, what's that? )
3) In the BOSH cluster, where is registry?

thanks!

groupbosh-dev @
postedNov 6, '12 at 3:00a
activeNov 6, '12 at 3:00a