I believe the ans lies here:

http://www.cloudera.com/content/cloudera-content/cloudera-docs/Impala/latest/Installing-and-Using-Impala/ciiu_cm_installation.html

Let me know if it's not covered here.

Thanks,
Alan

On Fri, Sep 5, 2014 at 11:34 AM, ml wrote:

If anyone running Impala has a few minutes and can let me know what their
install is like on a Cloudera Manager installation of Impala that would be
helpful. What i'm interested in is the binary/directory permissions. I've
read a few posts that mention it needing to be installed explicitly as the
Impala user for it to execute the hdfs actions as that user. Does that mean
a separate rpm db(CentOS) for that user? Any info that might point me in
the right direction would be great...

Thanks