Hi Erwann,

I think you might have hit this
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HIVE-5060>. The latest driver should
have it fixed. Can you upgrade to the latest driver and see if it works?

Thanks,
Alan

On Tue, Jul 22, 2014 at 12:43 AM, Erwann Cloarec wrote:

Hi Lenni,

I'm currently using the hive JDBC 0.10.0-cdh4.2.0 .The Impala version
is 1.3.1-cdh4.

Thank you!

Hi Erwann,
Can you let us know which version of the JDBC driver you are using and
which version of Impala you are running?

Thanks,
Lenni

On Thu, Jul 17, 2014 at 7:09 AM, Erwann Cloarec <erwann.cloarec@gmail.com

I'm facing a problem: when I launch a COMPUTE STATS on a
table through JDBC, and right after getting the compute stats with SHOW
COLUMN STATS on the same table again through JDBC, the COMPUTE STATS
operation seems not finished. Yet when I use the SHOW COLUMN STATS a little
time after in impala-shell or via JDBC, it's perfectly fine.
I tried to wait 10sec (I did not try less) between the two JDBC
operations, and it's working.
I wonder why is JDBC says the COMPUTE STATS is over but it is not, and
how long it takes to finish it?

Thanks!

an email to impala-user+unsubscribe@cloudera.org.
an email to impala-user+unsubscribe@cloudera.org.