You can use ODBC/JDBC (for JDBC, use the one from CDH 4.6) to issue any SQL
stmt to Impala, including insert.

For your INSERT query, the INSERT is distributed across all impalads. If
you look at the plan, each plan fragment will do some reading and then
write to test3.

Here's the link to our documentation:
http://www.cloudera.com/content/cloudera-content/cloudera-docs/Impala/latest/Installing-and-Using-Impala/Installing-and-Using-Impala.html