Hi Noam,

Have you tried using HA Proxy as the load balancer? We've document how to
config it:

http://www.cloudera.com/content/cloudera-content/cloudera-docs/Impala/latest/Installing-and-Using-Impala/ciiu_admin.html?scroll=tut_proxy_unique_2

Thanks,
Alan

On Wed, Jan 15, 2014 at 9:56 AM, Noam Cohen wrote:

Hi all -
Impala's documentation states that "For clusters running production
workloads, you might load-balance between the nodes by submitting each
query to a different Impala daemon in round-robin style, using the JDBC or
ODBC interfaces."

Has any of you successfully implemented such a load balancer?

I'm asking this because most of our Impala queries are run using Hue, and
Hue needs to be configured to connect to a specific Impala daemon. We worry
that this daemon may become over-loaded as more and more users concurrently
run queries.

Thanks!
Noam