Hi Sammy,

Good catch. Thanks for reporting this issue. I've filed
IMPALA-749<https://issues.cloudera.org/browse/IMPALA-749> to
track it.

Thanks,
Alan

On Mon, Jan 13, 2014 at 7:52 PM, Sammy Yu wrote:

Hi Alan,
Thanks for the reply. The explain shows (32,767 partitions which
is less than the expected 38,687 partitions):
0:SCAN HDFS

table=default.raw_3p #partitions=32767/32767 size=130.69GB |
I ran "invalidate metadata", but the explain still came back with 32,767..

Are there any logs that I can provide? Is there a way to to dump out
what catalogd views of the partitions like I can see the partitions in
hive's metastore:

mysql> select count(1) from PARTITIONS where TBL_ID=6;
count(1) |
38687 |
1 row in set (0.00 sec)

Thanks,