Hi all,

I am using CDH-4.5.0, with Impala 1.2.1 parcel, CentOS 6
I upgraded impala to 1.2.3 and now I am facing an issue in querying impala
especially the ones with "union".

I get the below error in the impala shell
*ERROR: Couldn't open transport for <impala-daemon>:22000(connect() failed:
Connection refused).*

Also, sometimes I lose the connection to the Impala Daemon and get the
below on issuing a query
*Error communicating with impalad: TSocket read 0 bytes*

I don't see any ERROR in the log file of the Impala Daemon instances.But the
daemons in the Cloudera Manager will show as Bad Health with the reason as
Unexpected Exits.
Let me know if this is an issue with the upgrade of Impala to 1.2.3 and any
suggestions on how to solve this.

Thanks in advance
Vinay Kashyap