Interesting. So it started to fetch some results but the Impalad could not
do it apparently. I am adding impala-user in case they have a better
explanation.

Romain

On Thu, Aug 22, 2013 at 7:59 PM, wrote:

I believe I found the cause the current node that we have designated for
Impala is only running on 15GB of memory I see the recommended memory for
the Impala node is 32GB and above. This is what I saw from the logs to
come to that conclusion..

Bad status for request TFetchResultsReq(operationHandle=TOperationHandle(hasResultSet=True, modifiedRowCount=None, operationType=0, operationId=THandleIdentifier(secret='\xdd\x19\x00\xb7U\x0c@\xe2\xbb@@\x1c\xba\t\xba[', guid='\xdd\x19\x00\xb7U\x0c@\xe2\xbb@@\x1c\xba\t\xba[')), orientation=0, maxRows=100):TFetchResultsResp(status=TStatus(errorCode=None, errorMessage='Memory limit exceeded', sqlState='HY000', infoMessages=None, statusCode=3), results=None, hasMoreRows=None)