On Mon, Jul 1, 2013 at 8:34 AM, Ra Bauer wrote:
Hi,

we are currently exploring Impala as engine for our near-real-time
analytical backend. And Impala really looks great.

There are, however, two things where I am not entirely sure if Impala
is a good fit for us:
1) We are expecting a lot of new data each day (max 200GB)
2) We expect some tiny amounts of historical data to change from time to
time.

Is Impala able to cope with that amount of changing data well?
That should work just fine, but make sure to refresh the table
metadata after adding new files or overwriting existing ones:
http://www.cloudera.com/content/cloudera-content/cloudera-docs/Impala/latest/Installing-and-Using-Impala/ciiu_langref_sql.html?scroll=refresh_unique_1

You need to run this against each impalad process to which your clients connect.

Many thanks in advance!

Best,

Raphael

groupimpala-user @
categorieshadoop
postedJul 1, '13 at 3:34p
activeJul 1, '13 at 3:48p
websitecloudera.com
irc#hadoop

2 users in discussion

Marcel Kornacker: 1 post Ra Bauer: 1 post