When I try to start impala via Cloudera Manager, I get the following error
on every node for the impala daemon:

Command failed to start: com.cloudera.cmf.service.config.ConfigGenException: No Host in the cluster has heartbeat info. Unable to find CDH information.

Statestore starts fine. When I look at the hosts, I do see CDH Version
listed as "None". I am running Cloudera Manager 4.6 and did the initial
install via CM, though I have since update via yum on individual nodes.
  Everything is running with the most recent version of CDH. Impala used to
work, but recently started giving this error message on startup.

Is there some way to set the CDH version on the nodes so that it reports
CDH4 and impalad will start running. Alternatively, is there some way to
tell impalad to not check the CDH version so it will start? I believe
everything in the cluster is configured correctly, it just looks like CM
doesn't see the CDH version correctly so impala won't start.

Thanks,

Eric

groupimpala-user @
categorieshadoop
postedJun 24, '13 at 4:44p
activeJun 24, '13 at 6:32p
websitecloudera.com
irc#hadoop

2 users in discussion

Eric Moore: 3 posts Vikas Singh: 2 posts