Hello,

I'm guessing you are running on RHEL or CentOS 5, and you have hit
https://issues.cloudera.org/browse/IMPALA-396

That jira has a patch to apply to the shell code. Can you try that and see
if it fixes your problem?

Thanks,
Alan
On Jun 19, 2013 7:07 AM, wrote:

i have installed impala 1.1.When i start impala-shell.I am getting the
following error

*File "/usr/lib/impala-shell/impala_shell.py", line 30, in ?*
* from shell_output import OutputStream, DelimitedOutputFormatter,
PrettyOutputFormatter*
* File "/usr/lib/impala-shell/lib/shell_output.py", line 21, in ?*
* csv.field_size_limit(sys.maxint)*
*AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'field_size_limit'*

Can anyone please help?

groupimpala-user @
categorieshadoop
postedJun 19, '13 at 11:07a
activeJun 19, '13 at 12:26p
websitecloudera.com
irc#hadoop

2 users in discussion

Alan Jackoway: 1 post Nehasingh Ns12: 1 post