How is the price data stored in hbase? I believe that impala only handles
ascii types, so if the price values are encoded as binary data they will
not work in impala.

If you make a test table with the prices stored like "50.50" instead of the
binary representation, I think it will work.

In addition, does the query work in hive? I thought you had to have a
serdeproperties value like "...d:p#b" for binary data to work.

Thanks,
Alan